RSS
Kids in movies For children stories Kids poetry writing

A childhood forgotten, a childhood lost

I can't remember,
Skipping rocks on the pond, 
My childhoods forgotten, 
My Childhoods lost, 

Going to the lake, 
Sitting on the beach, 
Playing with friends, 
or dancing in the streets, 

I can't remember, 
The crash in the fog, 
My childhood was forgotten, 
My childhood was lost, 

The doctor doing surgery, 
Me getting pills, 
I can't remember any of it, 
None of it's clear, 

I still can't remember, 
How it is gone, 
My childhood forgotten, 
My childhood's lost! 

Well I'm gonna end it right now, 
I gonna kill myself off, 
A childhood Forgotten, 
A childhood lost

Authors Note: 
Written for a friend who forgot her childhood, and committed suicide because of it.


Danielle Baxter 

Bookmark and Share